Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chickens

Jason and I had several fights this summer about chickens. He wanted them and I didn't. Standard Jason Burden hobby request but this one veto'd by the wife. Not just a NO but a HELL NO.

So imagine my surprise when I turned on the news this evening and the opening story was about a proposed bill to approve chickens in regular neighborhoods in metro. Really? I have learned to grasp my southern roots however, chickens in city yards? Opening story on the news? Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? I wouldn't want to look over the fence and see chickens in my neighbor's yard (cause you know they won't be in mine).

Here's my push for no chickens!

2 comments:

Jay said...

that was not the story on the news.. dear. It was the opposite. Making sure all the neiborhoods had the right to own 5 hens (no roosters) and charging a $25 tax. Get the fax right.

And the dream is still alive

Anonymous said...

You know you live in the third world when you go to the Drs office and they have chickens running around. They are everywhere here. You have to be careful not to hit them or the wild turkeys,(not the drinking type). They are big into cockfighting too. But, that's all not reported, except when they have the feds come in and grab up a bunch of people on Oahu.